This is the website legal notice of The Global Economics Limited. In this document, “we”, “our”, or “us” refer to The Global Economics Limited. We are company number 12501467 registered in England and Wales. Our registered office is at Devonshire House, 582 Honeypot Lane, Stanmore, London HA7 1JS United Kingdom.
1. CONTINGENT FEES. In regard to the specific Services performed hereunder, the Parties agree to a contingency fee arrangement whereby the Law Firm will accept a fixed percentage of one-fourth (1/4) of the recovery amount should the case resolve successfully in the Client’s favor. The Parties acknowledge and agree that the Law Firm shall first draw its fixed percentage from any recovery amount obtained; then the Client shall pay any costs still owned to the Law Firm in connection with the Services and then be disbursed the remaining funds. However, the Parties also acknowledge that should the case resolve unsuccessfully for the Client, neither the Client nor the Law Firm will be paid any funds. The Client shall, however, be responsible for payment of any costs connected with the Services (i.e., filing fees, costs related to depositions, etc.).
2. COSTS. The Client shall pay for all actual out-of-pocket costs incurred on the Client’s behalf under this Agreement. Typical costs include: filing fees, service of process, depositions, expert witness fees, travel expenses, long distance telephone calls, outgoing fax, Federal Express, courier services, delivery charges, photocopying (at GBP 2 per page), and online database retrieval charges (Lexis, Westlaw, etc.). The Law Firm may elect to cover certain out-of-pocket costs on behalf of the Client, but reserves the right to seek reimbursement. The Client agrees to reimburse the Law Firm for such out-of-pocket costs. The Client may, at any time, request a copy of the Law Firm’s file for his/her particular case at the photocopy rate specified herein.
3. RETAINER/ADVANCED DEPOSIT(S). The Client shall pay to the Law Firm an initial deposit of GBP 1,000.00 to be received within five (5) business days from Effective Date of this Agreement. Any advance deposit(s) shall be deposited into the Law Firm’s client trust account. The Parties hereby agree, and the Client hereby knowingly authorizes, that the Law Firm shall deduct fees and costs from the advanced deposit(s) as fees are earned or costs are incurred. The Law Firm may require an additional advanced deposit of fees or costs. Any balance of the advanced deposit(s) remaining after the representation has concluded shall be refunded to the Client within thirty (30) days following conclusion.
4. BILLING. The Law Firm shall bill the Client on a monthly basis for services performed in the preceding month. The monthly statement will identify the services performed, the fees charged for those services, and costs incurred. The statement also will indicate the amount(s) applied from the advance deposit(s) and identify the balance of any advanced deposit(s) remaining. The Client has ten (10) days from the date of the statement to contest any charges contained in the bill. If the Law Firm receives no communication from the Client, the bill will be deemed acceptable and the amount will be deducted from the remaining balance. If the Client’s advanced deposit(s) has been depleted, the Client is expected to remit payment within thirty (30) days of the date of the statement. If no attorney’s fees or costs are incurred for a particular month, or if they are minimal, the statement may be held and combined with that for the following month.
5. TERMINATION. Either Party may terminate the representation at any time, subject to the Law Firm’s obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct and the approval of the court if the matter is in litigation. Unless previously terminated, the Law Firm’s representation will terminate upon sending the final billing invoice subject to the Law Firm’s obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct, and the approval of the court if the matter is in litigation. The Client is engaging the Law Firm to provide legal services in connection with the specific matter identified in this Agreement. Unless the Client retains the Law Firm to provide additional advice or services in another matter, the Clients acknowledges and agrees that the Law Firm has no continuing obligation to represent the Client.
6. MEDIATION AND ARBITRATION. Any dispute, claim, or controversy arising from or relating to this Agreement and/or attorney’s fees must exclusively be resolved first by mediation with a single mediator selected by the Parties, with such mediation to be held in London , United Kingdom. Any Party may seek from a court of competent jurisdiction any provisional remedy that may be necessary to protect its rights or assets pending the selection of the arbitrator or the arbitrator’s determination of the merits of the controversy. The exercise of such arbitration rights by any Party will not preclude the exercise of any self-help remedies (including without limitation, setoff rights) or the exercise of any non-judicial foreclosure rights. An arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
a. No Waiver. The failure of a Party to require strict performance of any provision of this Agreement by the other, or the forbearance to exercise any right or remedy, shall not be construed as a waiver by such Party of any such right or remedy or preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right or remedy.
b. Severability. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
c. Entire Agreement; Amendments. This Agreement has been freely negotiated and contains the entire understanding between the Parties for the Services outlined herein. The Parties acknowledge that they have read and understand the terms contained herein and agree to same. This Agreement supersedes all prior agreements, representations, or understanding (whether written, oral, implied, or otherwise) between the Parties. These terms may not be amended or modified, in whole or in part, except by an express written agreement between the Parties.