SoftBank has confirmed it is looking to sell or list Arm Holdings Inc., forward of the schedule, either through a public stock listing or a private deal.
SoftBank’s chief executive officers, Masayoshi Son confirmed Arm Holdings was looking at a sale, float or partial sale in an investor presentation. Although the talks of the company SoftBank is going to associate with was not revealed yet the consideration of a negotiation and options like going public, partial or complete sale were disclosed by Mr. Son. He also added the deal could be a blend of both cash and stock.
SoftBank Group owns 75% of Arm Holdings, the Cambridge microprocessor company, whereas the SoftBank Vision Fund owns the rest 25%. Last month, it was known to be in talks with Nvidia, considering to re-list the company ahead of 2023.
In an interview, Marcelo Claure, the chief operating officer at SoftBank, said that Arm would need sufficient time to take care of preparations for a listing if it goes that route.
The Japanese tech giant after a low in March has now doubled up on profits with a market value of $127 billion followed by its investment in WeWork.